Conclusion

This project was one of the most challenging VFX projects so far. Why? Simply because of so much improvisation. Coming up with a clear storyline was a tough one, but it started coming together after each shot I made. Towards the end, better and better ideas kept popping up but I had restrict myself and do only what was possible in the remaining time.
I learned a lot of new techniques, mainly in compositing, but also in projection mapping. I greatly improved on my texturing skills in Mari which I am the most excited about. In terms of filming, it’s been confirmed once again, that planning is the key. Little mistakes can turn the whole compositing very frustrating and time demanding.

This  project helped me to realise, which fields I would like to specialise in, which fields I need to improve and which fields lie my strengths in.